Apply your creativity and passion to develop innovative medical devices that can greatly improve patients’ lives. We take pride in a truly entrepreneurial environment, unique technical challenges and a collaborative culture. We welcome you to explore Avation and be part of a talented R&D group and an exciting company.
- Actively participate with Avation R&D team for new product development
- Support design, analysis, modeling and testing of neuromodulation systems
- Create mechanical and/or electrical concepts, prototype parts and assemblies
- Support all aspects of project, including validation testing, documentation, packaging
- Help with manufacturing – fixture design, assembly procedures, DOE’s
- n pursuit of a BS/MS in Mechanical, Electrical, Software or Biomedical Engineering
- Relevant coursework, such as design, materials, controls, circuits, lab work
- Analytical mind, with ability to create concepts and turn into designs
- Prior internship or medical device experience is preferred
- Preferable to have familiarity with Solidworks, Matlab, Labview and other engineering tools
- Independent, creative, collaborative with strong positive can-do attitude
We are seeking candidates who will embrace the Avation E.D.I.C.T.
- Empower Patients: We empower patients to get their life back which motivates everything we do.
- Diversity Matters: We value differences and similarities. Our patients are diverse and so are we.
- Innovative Mindset: We embrace growing and improving, approaching challenges with excitement, innovation, integrity and urgency.
- Commitment: We commit to acting with empathy, gratitude, kindness and joy.
- Team: We are each other’s toughest critics, our biggest challengers and loudest supporters.
Location and Internship duration: Columbus, OH, July – December 2021