Apply your creativity and passion to a growing, innovative medical device company that is working to improve patients' lives. We take pride in a truly entrepreneurial environment, unique technical challenges, and a collaborative culture. We welcome you to explore Avation and be part of a talented group and an exciting company.
We are seeking an energetic, creative, and experienced medical device marketer with skills in both strategic planning and tactical execution for marketing and product management. As a senior member of the Avation Medical Marketing team, you will be focused on establishing branding, launching our innovative, patient-centric neuromodulation system, contributing to pipeline expansion plans, and building our market presence. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of our annual and 3-year marketing plans with the goal of expanding awareness and market adoption of our technologies.
- Refine and evolve product branding and messaging for physicians, payers, and patients for all Avation product families.
- Create plan to prime the market, launch new products and execute strategies to expand market presence.
- Spearhead voice of the customer studies designed to improve user experience (UX), market intelligence, and external communications.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (R&D, Clinical, Management), external agencies and consultants to ensure that the voice of the market is incorporated into all product development and positioning plans.
- Build strategic relationships with key industry players (clinicians, payers, distributors, and societies).
- Plan and execute professional and consumer promotional strategies including presence at key conferences, and developing content for web, social media, and sales.
- Develop and manage innovative and effective reimbursement strategies including pricing approaches and payer relations.
- Develop strong understanding of current market dynamics and trends and provide recommendations on pipeline development opportunities.
- Partner with sales leadership to develop sales training programs along with customer care leadership to develop operating procedures and messaging.
- Oversee scientific and health economic publication strategy.
- Create business metrics and dashboard to monitor the health of our business and marketing strategies.
- Masters' degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in MEDICAL DEVICE MARKETING, communications and/or sales. Strong preference for experience in start-up and small companies as well as experience with consumer-facing medical technologies and durable medical equipment distribution.
- Proven success medical device product management including the launch and growth of innovative medical devices in highly competitive markets.
- Deep familiarity with and compliance to FDA promotional guidelines for medical device marketing.
- Strong communication skills across a variety of mediums – spoken, written, digital and social media.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Analytical thinking skills to identify and forecast emerging trends and challenges and proactively recommend tactics for Avation to follow to remain a leading competitor.
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary.
Avation Medical’s Culture:
We are seeking candidates who will embrace and embody the Avation E.D.I.C.T.
- Empower Patients: We empower patients to get their life back which motivates everything we do.
- Diversity Matters: We value differences and similarities. Our patients are diverse and so are we.
- Innovative Mindset: We embrace growing and improving, approaching challenges with excitement, innovation, integrity, and urgency.
- Commitment: We commit to acting with empathy, gratitude, kindness, and joy.
- Team: We are each other’s toughest critics, our biggest challengers, and loudest supporters.
Location: Avation’s Columbus, OH Headquarters
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Avation Medical does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs/resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Please, no phone calls or emails.