Apply your creativity and passion to a growing, innovative medical device company that is working to improve patients’ lives. We take pride in a truly entrepreneurial environment, unique technical challenges, and a collaborative culture.
Avation Medical has a mission to develop patient-friendly, wearable neuromodulation devices with our first product focusing on a wearable therapy and digital health system for overactive bladder and urge urinary incontinence.
The Engineering Intern will be an integral part of our Research & Development team by supporting design, development, analysis, fabrication and testing of our novel Neuromodulation Systems.
- Software testing for mobile and web applications, UI, and embedded code
- Support with coding, debugging and documentation of software
- Actively participate with Avation R&D team for new product development
- Support all design, analysis, and modeling activities for medical devices
- Conduct system testing using lab equipment and document reports
- Create electrical circuit concepts, prototype parts and assemblies
- Academic focus on Software/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Programming
- Relevant coursework, such as design, coding, testing, circuits, lab work
- Analytical mind, with ability to learn quickly and apply this knowledge
- Prior internship or medical device experience is preferred
- Preferably to have familiarity with Matlab, LabVIEW, Altium or other tools
- Independent, creative, collaborative with strong positive can-do attitude
- Availability - Immediate
- Typical physical demands include a high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC, normal or corrected vision, extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasional lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds.
We are seeking candidates who will embrace the Avation E.D.I.C.T.
- Empower Patients: We empower patients to get their life back which motivates everything we do.
- Diversity Matters: We value differences and similarities. Our patients are diverse and so are we.
- Innovative Mindset: We embrace growing and improving, approaching challenges with excitement, innovation, integrity, and urgency.
- Commitment: We commit to acting with empathy, gratitude, kindness, and joy.
- Team: We are each other’s toughest critics, our biggest challengers, and loudest supporters.
Location and Internship duration: Columbus, OH August - December 2022
Decisions concerning employment are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.